Election Day: August 2, 2022
Ballots Mailed: July 13, 2022
Accessible Voting Units Available: July 13, 2022
Registered Voters: 154,095 (updated 6/30/2022)
Election Results: view results here (starting August 2 after 8:00 pm)
Ballot Return Statistics (Statewide, filter by County)
*Total ballots returned includes received, accepted and rejected ballots. To find out the status of your ballot login to your voter portal at VoteWA.gov. For more information on different ballot statuses view the WA Secretary of State’s ballot status codes.
New members must join the 42nd LD Democrats by May 28th to Vote in the June 11th Endorsement Meeting.
Yikes, that’s tomorrow!
New members can join on our website at https://wp.42dems.org/?page_id=8089 for $15. The membership is good for 2022 (expires Dec. 31, 2022). All members are added to the 42nd LD Dems google group where we communicate about elections and much more along with sharing monthly meeting invites to our zoom meetings.
Get your friends and neighbors to join today!
Jamie Douglass42nd LD Dems Chair
42nd LD Democrats,
This is the formal notice of a meeting for the purpose of selecting our 42nd Legislative Districts Delegates to the June 2nd State Convention held in Tacoma Washington. The State Convention has a no excuse needed virtual participation option for those who would prefer not attending in person. The Caucus will be held on March 26th, and I am calling it under my authority as Legislative District Chair and the 2022 Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan passed by the Washington State Democratic Central Committee on January 29th, 2022. The 42nd LD Caucus on March 26, 2022 will be presided over by the 42nd LD Democrats Vice-Chair, Eliane Steele.
All individuals who were members as of February 24th will be eligible to vote in this meeting, and any individual who identifies themselves as a Democrat is eligible to run and serve as a Delegate to the State Convention.
Check in for the Caucus will begin at 9:30am, on March 26th, 2022. The meeting will be called to order at 10:00am. You can participate by registering in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0sdeCupjkrHtJPG3Upnrbr29pzCjNRt77H .After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the meeting.
Please note, under our proposed Rules a resident of the 42nd Legislative District who wishes to run for delegate should email their intent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24th.
We look forward to seeing you all on March 26th,
Chair, 42nd LD Democrats
Congratulations on running for office!
Would you like to request the endorsement of the 42nd Legislative District Democrats?
You can request endorsement by emailing the Chair your request no later than June 5, 2021.
We are excited to learn more about you and your candidacy, and look forward to your participation in our endorsement process.
We will be using the Whatcom Democrats Candidate Questionnaire.
We are collaborating with the Whatcom Democrats so candidates will only need to complete a single questionnaire. Make sure you complete this questionnaire as soon as possible. You can contact the Whatcom Democrats here https://www.whatcomdemocrats.org/contact/ to request a questionnaire. Additionally, you may submit a statement so that our membership may get to know more about your values and goals. Limit your response to no more than 500 words. Please include a Resume or CV, along with all relevant campaign contact information. Questionnaire responses and your additional submittals will be shared with our members for review as they are received, starting Friday, 6/1. We will do our best to forward on all questionnaires received prior to the Endorsement Meeting, however we cannot guarantee those received after 5:00 pm on Thursday, 6/10/2021.
Please plan to attend our June 12th Endorsement Meeting:
All candidates who have requested endorsement consideration (or their representatives), per our bylaws and endorsement rules, will be given the opportunity to address our membership at our June 12th Endorsement Meeting. Candidate attendance is highly recommended but not required to be endorsed.
-2 minutes, for each candidate or official campaign representative
Question & Answer Session:
-1 minute response to each membership question provided (3-5 questions provided by the membership), only for candidates in attendance
-2 minutes, for candidates in attendance
Other Items of Note:
- Speaking order is in reverse of how candidacy positions are listed on the Auditor’s website.
- Each position up for endorsement will be provided with the opportunity of a separate Question & Answer session from other offices being considered for endorsement.
- A two minute video statement by the candidate is allowed if unable to attend the June 8th meeting – however – the video link/digital copy/flash drive must be received no later than Thursday, 6/10/2021 by 5pm. Please contact us ASAP for additional information.
- All voting is by paper ballot. Once ballot counting has begun, per our Standing Rules for Endorsement, no additional ballots will be accepted.
- Only members of the 42nd LD Democrats may vote at the endorsement meeting. To be a voting member you must be a Democratic PCO or Precinct Captain or a voter residing in the 42nd LD who has paid 2019 membership dues at least 14 days before the endorsement meeting. [ Click HERE to Pay Dues online . Dues must be paid by May 29th to be eligible to vote. ]
- We expect voting members to attend the entire endorsement meeting and evaluate all candidates. Coming to vote for only one candidate is disrespectful to the other candidates and to our endorsement process.
- One representative from each campaign may observe the tally count.
- Candidates are evaluated individually. This means our members can vote for all, some or none of the candidates. This means multiple endorsements are possible.
- Candidates must reach a 60% threshold of total votes to be endorsed.
- As Chair, I will personally call each candidate with the results of the tally count shortly after the results are official. The results will also be emailed to our membership and posted on our website within 24 hours at: https://wp.42dems.org/?page_id=560
- All candidates, members and visitors are asked to be courteous and respectful. Inflammatory language or personal attacks during the meeting will not be tolerated and offending candidates/members/visitors will be asked to leave.
Please review our Standing Rules for Endorsement and let us know if you have any additional questions:
Thank you for stepping up to run for office,
Chair for 42nd Legislative District Democrats
The new officers for the 42nd Legislative District Democrats are as follows:
Chair – Jamie Douglass – email@example.com
Vice-Chair – Lauren Boushey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Charis Snyder-Gilbert – email@example.com
Treasurer – Don Starr – firstname.lastname@example.org
State Committee Member – Mike Slocum – email@example.com
State Committee Member – Barbara Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Officers serve two years. Next election of Officers occurs in December 2022.
Thank you to all the voters who gave us this victory for American, Washington State and the 42nd Legislative District. Special thanks to all the supporters who volunteered and donated to our campaign and candidates.
Jamie and Andi Douglass
42nd LD Democrats Chair and Vice-Chair
Candidates for Office
US Representative CD 1
US Representative CD 2
WA Lt Governor (dual endorsement)
WA Secretary of State
WA State Treasurer
WA State Auditor
Pat (Patrice) McCarthy
WA Attorney General
WA Public Lands Commissioner
WA Superintendent of Public Instruction
WA State Representative position 1
WA State Representative position 2
Whatcom Superior Court Judge 2
Whatcom Superior Court Judge 4
PUD 1 Commissioner position 1
Christine M Grant
Approve Referendum 90 – Sex Education https://www.approve90wa.org
Yes on Ferndale School Levy https://supportferndaleschools.com
Yes on Bellingham Transportation Fund BellinghamTransportationFund.org