Here are the complete results of our June 10th endorsement meeting. Candidates needed a 60 percent majority vote of the members in attendance to be endorsed by the 42nd LD Democrats.
42nd LD Democrats ~ Primary Endorsements:
- Port Commission – District 1: Michael Sheppard
- Port Commission – District 2: Barry Wenger
- Whatcom County Council – At Large: Barry Buchanan
- Whatcom County Council – District 1: Rud Browne
- Whatcom County Council – District 2: No endorsement – Candidates failed to reach 60% threshold required for endorsements.
- Whatcom County Council – District 3.: Rebecca Boonstra
- Bellingham City Council – At Large: Roxanne Murphy
- Bellingham City Council – Ward 4: Pinky Vargas
- Bellingham City Council – Ward 6: Michael Lilliquist
- Bellingham School District – Position 4: Jenn Mason
Candidates must contact the Chair of the 42nd to request endorsement.
Membership Meeting – Primary Endorsements
Date/Time: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 10 am
Place: WECU, 5659 Barrett Road , Ferndale , WA 98248
Agenda Item: Endorse Primary Election Candidates*
All members of the 42nd LD Democrats may vote, in-person, on endorsements at this meeting. *Any Democrat who lives in the 42nd Legislative District may become a member by paying the 2017 annual dues of $12 on or before the day of the endorsement meeting (dues may be paid at the door before the meeting begins). A 60% majority is required to endorse a candidate.
Saturday, May 13. 10AM – Noon
At: Lummi Te’Ti’Sen (Gateway) Center – 4920 Rural Ave, Ferndale, WA 98248 (MAP) near Slater & I-5
Come meet some of this years candidates for County Council, Port Commissioner & other local elected positions. (We will vote on endorsements at our June meeting)
There will be an election to replace our retiring Secretary (PCO’s only vote).
42nd LD Democrats Membership Meeting
When: Saturday, April 8, 10 am – noon
Where: Bellewood Acres, 6140 Guide Meridian, Lynden
Tailgate Plant Sale: A pickup load of plants, perennials, native plants, native trees and urban/suburban scale shrubs. All plants will be labeled and priced. In the parking lot, 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the 42nd’s meeting. This will be a fun way to get to know each other and raise a small amount of funds. Half of the proceeds will go to the 42nd LD Democrats and half to the Whatcom Democrats.
At our re-organization meeting we elected new officers to serve for the next two years:
Erin Dewey, Chair
Steve Lydolph, Vice-Chair
Aileen Satushek, Secretary
Don Starr, Treasurer
Richard Marshall, State Committee Man
Teresa Taylor, State Committee Woman
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next meeting will be 10AM Feb. 11 at Bellewood Acres, 6140 Guide Meridian, Lynden WA
When: Sat, January 14, 2017, 10am – 12pm
Where: Machinists Hall, 2064 Vista Drive, Ferndale, WA 98248 ()
Description: Election of new Officers (two yr term) – Only the PCO’s may vote for the new officers – any member of the 42nd may run for any of the offices – Nominations accepted from the floor.
Monthly membership meeting this Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 10 am at Bellewood Acres– 6140 Guide Meridian, Lynden WA 98264.
Bellewood Acres is open for breakfast at 8 am. Also pastries, snacks and coffee can be purchased.
Report from Nominating Committee in preparation for January’s re-organization.
Ballots are out and the election is almost here. Come Help get out the vote.
Phone Bank — 6-8pm Tuesday 11/01 & Thursday 11/03
5503 Neilson Ave., Ferndale, WA map
To Sign Up – email: email@example.com or call: Barbara Lewis at 360-594-1501 or Aileen Satushek at 360-398-2295
Things to bring if you have them (If you don’t have them, don’t worry about it.
cell phone, laptop
beverage & snacks
42nd LD Democrats Endorsed Candidates
- Initiatives to the Legislature
- I-732 Carbon Emissions Tax – YES
- I-735 Get Big Money Out of Elections – YES
- Initiatives to the People
- I-1433 – Raise the Minimum Wage and Provide Sick and Safe Leave – YES
- I-1491 – Extreme Risk Protection Order – YES
- I-1501 – Increased fraud protection for Seniors and vulnerable adults – YES
- Whatcom County – 2016 EMS Levy – YES
- City of Bellingham – Proposition #1 – Greenways Levy – YES