Membership Meeting, Saturday, October 8, 2016, 10 am.. The meeting will be the usual 2nd Saturday of the month but this month in a different location:
Whatcom Educational Credit Union (WECU), Barrett Rd & Main St, Ferndale WA
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
State Representative District 42 – Position 1 and Position 2
42nd LD Democrats Endorsed Candidates
- Initiatives to the Legislature
- I-732 Carbon Emissions Tax – YES
- I-735 Get Big Money Out of Elections – YES
- Initiatives to the People
- I-1433 – Raise the Minimum Wage and Provide Sick and Safe Leave – YES
- I-1491 – Extreme Risk Protection Order – YES
- I-1501 – Increased fraud protection for Seniors and vulnerable adults – YES
- Whatcom County – 2016 EMS Levy – YES
- City of Bellingham – Proposition #1 – Greenways Levy – YES
The 42nd LD Democrats will be meeting at 10 am at the International Machinists Hall, 2064 Vista Drive in Ferndale on September 10, 2016.
Endorsement of candidates advancing to the general election. Endorsement of ballot measures. PCOs and paid members are eligible to vote.
Report on Outreach Activities.
Report on phone bank and other general election activities. Volunteer sign up
Our meetings are open to the public and are a great way for you to get involved in local Democratic politics.You can become a member by signing up at the meeting. Membership dues are $12 per year.
ENDORSEMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED
- 42nd Legislative District House Position 2
- United States Senator
- US Congressional District 2
- Washington State Governor
- State Auditor
- Commissioner of Public Lands
- Superintendent of Public Instruction
- I-732 Carbon Emissions Tax
- I-735 Get Big Money Out of Elections
- I-1491 Extreme Risk Protection Order
- Bellingham Prop #1 – Greenways Levy
For more information contact:
- email@example.com -OR-
The 42nd LD Democrats are meeting Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 10 am at the International Machinists Hall, 2064 Vista Drive in Ferndale.
There will be an election of a new Chair. Only current Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs) are eligible to vote in this elections.
All members are encouraged to attend.
We have 42nd LD Democratic candidates Sharlaine LaClair and Tracy Atwood to support. The Primary results are good, but they’ll need plenty of help to get elected.
Report on Phone bank and other general election activities, Volunteer sign up.
Report on Outreach Activities. Volunteer sign up for booths and parades.
The 42nd LD Democrats and the Whatcom Democrats are working to turn the 42nd LD blue by making a strong showing in parades and booths throughout the County.
We are looking for volunteers to staff the Democrat’s Booth at the Old Settlers Picnic in Pioneer Park in Ferndale, July 28th through the 31st. The Old Settlers Association does a good job of putting on a great festival and it is always a fun place to have a booth. We could use more people to walk* in the Old Settlers Grand Parade on Saturday, July 30 also.
In the weeks ahead we will be setting up booths in several other Festivals and entering more parades, as well as staffing the NW Washington Fair, volunteers are needed in all.
Please call me if you have any questions or to volunteer. Thanks for your help in turning Whatcom County blue!
*Old Settlers Grand Parade
Saturday, July 30 – Meet at 10:15 am
Washington Street & Golden Eagle Drive (Ferndale High School)
Park at Pioneer Park and walk to meeting site (about a mile)
There is no parking at the high school
42ND LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT DEMOCRATS MEETINGS
The 42nd LD Democrats will be meeting at 10 am at the International Machinists Hall, 2064 Vista Drive in Ferndale on:
- Saturday, August 13, 2016
- Saturday, September 10, 2016
Our meetings are open to the public and are a great way for you to get involved in local Democratic politics.
August 13, 2016
- Election of a new Chair.* Only current Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs) are eligible to vote in elections of officers.
- Report on Outreach Activities. Volunteer sign up for booths and parades
- Report on phone bank and other general election activities. Volunteer sign up.
* Natalie McClendon has decided to support an independent candidate for a 42nd LD seat in the Legislature and so, has resigned from her position as Chair of the 42nd LD Democrats. A candidate search committee has been formed, chaired by Janet Lutz-Smith ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
September 10, 2016
- Endorsement of candidates advancing to the general election. PCOs and paid members* are eligible to vote.
- Report on Outreach Activities.
- Report on phone bank and other general election activities. Volunteer sign up
The next meeting of the 42nd LD Democrats will be Saturday, July 16th, from 10AM to Noon at the Machinists Hall, 2064 Vista Drive in Ferndale. Discussion & planning. All members are encouraged to attend.
On June 24, 2016 the 42nd LD Democrats held an endorsement meeting in Ferndale. The results are as follows:
- 42nd Legislative District House Position 1 – Sharlaine LaClair
- United States Senator – No endorsement
- US Congressional District 1 – Suzan DelBene
- US Congressional District 2 – Mike Lapointe
- Washington State Governor – No endorsement
- Washington State Lt. Governor – Cyrus Habib
- Secretary of State – Tina Podlodowski
- State Treasurer – John Paul Comerford
- State Auditor – Jeff Sprung
- Attorney General – No endorsement
- Commissioner of Public Lands – No endorsement
- Supreme Court Justice Position 5 – Barbara Madsen
- Insurance Commissioner – Mike Kreidler
- Superintendent of Public Instruction – No endorsement
Whatcom County Convention and Legislative District Caucuses (42nd LD and 40th-Whatcom) will be held Sunday May 1, 2016 at Whatcom Community College.
9 am – 1:30 pm Registration open in Syre Center
10 am – 12:15 pm Platform Debate and amendments Committee of the Whole
1:00 – 6:00 pm County Convention & LD Caucuses
OFFICIAL CALL TO MEETING and Agenda
What to do ahead, and what to Bring
Proposed RULES for Platform Debate (10 am)
Proposed RULES for convention (1 pm)
How to Run for Delegate to next level
WCC Campus Map and directions