April 14 – 42nd LD Dems Mtg, 10am-12pm, WECU Ferndale –
– Voting on Resolution in Support of Health Care Initiative I-1600 –
– ‘Guest Panel on Water Issues in Whatcom County’
May 14 to 18 – Candidate Filing Week: PCOs need to file during filing week! (https://www.whatcomcounty.us/2289/PCO-Information)
May 19* – 42nd LD Dems Mtg, 10am-12pm, WECU Ferndale –
– Members to vote on Primary Endorsements
– If you’re a Democrat who lives in the 42nd Legislative District but not a member of the 42nd LD Dem’s, you can pay your $15 dues at the door and become a voting member (or join online, anytime, on our website http://wp.42dems.org/). Meeting begins a 10AM, you must attend the meeting to vote on endorsements.
*Special date one week later than normal!
June 9 – 42nd LD Dems Mtg, 10am-12pm, Bellewood Acres (detail to come)
June 15-16 – State Convention, Wenatchee
– State Committee Members & Delegates elected at the LD Caucus will attend and adopt a new State Party Platform.
July 21 – 42nd LD Democrats/Whatcom Dems combined Picnic at Hovander, Ferndale (detail to come)
This month, the 42 LD Democrats membership meeting is Saturday, March 10, 2018 at Bellewood Acres, 6140 Guide Meridian from 10AM – 12 PM.
As a part of the agenda, we will have a guest speaker from Whole Washington – I-1600
At the Feb. 10th membership meeting the policy for endorsing candidates and ballot initiative was updated.
You can read the updated policy HERE. Or through the link on our Bylaws & Standing Rules page.
Who serves on the Whatcom Conservation District Board of Supervisor is important. As a citizen your vote is important.
Notice of Election
An election for one seat on the Whatcom Conservation District Board will be held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at the District’s office at 6975 Hannegan Road, Lynden. Polls will be open between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. All registered voters residing within Whatcom County may vote in person at that date, place, and time or by mail.
Mail-in Ballot requests are now closed.
Q: I missed the deadline to request a mail-in ballot. What do I do now?
A: We would love to see you in person. Our doors will be open for you to vote in person at our office located at; 6975 Hannegan Rd. Lynden, WA 98264 on March 13 from 9am-6pm
Q: I requested a mail-in ballot before the deadline. When are the ballots being mailed out?
A: Ballots will be put in the mail on February 13.
Q: I requested a mail-in ballot but have not received it?
A: If you have not received a ballot by February 26th please call us immediately at (360) 526-2381 … ( http://www.whatcomcd.org/board-elections )
Whatcom Conservation District’s mission is to assist land managers (farmers, land owners) with their conservation choices.
Please MAIL-IN-YOUR-BALLOT before TUESDAY, MARCH 13TH
Or you can VOTE in PERSON on TUESDAY, MARCH 13TH — at the Whatcom Conservation District Office – 6975 Hannegan Road, Lynden — 9 am to 6 pm
42nd LD Dem’s monthly meeting
When – Sat, January 13, 10am – 12pm
Where – BelleWood Acres – 6140 WA-539, Lynden, WA 98264, USA map
The new year brings lots of exciting things.
42nd LD Democrats’ Holiday Potluck Brunch
December 9, 2017 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join the 42nd LD Democrats for a Holiday Potluck Brunch and Silent Auction!
Start your Saturday morning with fresh coffee and holiday cheer – good food and companionship.
We would love to see you!
At our October 14th meeting, the membership of the 42nd Legislative District Democrats passed a Resolution Supporting I-940 “De-Escalate Washington.
Initiative 940 – “De-Escalate Washington”
‘This measure would require law enforcement to receive violence de-escalation, mental-health, and first-aid training, and provide first-aid; and change standards for use of deadly force, adding a “good faith” standard and independent investigation.’
Learn more about De-Escalate Washington at:
* * *
At our November 11 meeting, PCO’s of the 42nd Legislative District Democrats elected Bob Burr to replace Richard Marshall as State Committeeman. Richard had resigned for personal reasons.
At our September meeting we endorsed: Todd Donovan for Whatcom County Council and Kate Hansen for Ferndale City Council.
It was a packed room with over 70 members attending.
Here is our complete 2017 General Election endorsement list.
42nd LD Democrats ~ 2017 Endorsements:
- Port Commission – District 1: Michael Sheppard
- Port Commission – District 2: Barry Wenger
- Whatcom County Council – At Large: Barry Buchanan
- Whatcom County Council – District 1: Rud Browne
- Whatcom County Council – District 2: Todd Donovan
- Whatcom County Council – District 3.: Rebecca Boonstra
- Ferndale City Council – Kate Hansen
- Bellingham City Council – At Large: Roxanne Murphy
- Bellingham City Council – Ward 4: Pinky Vargas
- Bellingham City Council – Ward 6: Michael Lilliquist
- Bellingham School District – Position 4: Jenn Mason
September Membership Meeting & General Endorsements
Saturday, September 9 at 10 AM – 12 PM
BelleWood Acres – Apples and Apple Cider
6140 Guide Meridian Rd, Lynden, Washington 98264 (MAP)
You must be a member of the 42nd LD Democrats to vote at this endorsement meeting. You can pay your $12 dues and join at the door but you must be a Democrat and live in the 42nd Legislative District to become a voting member of the 42nd LD Dem’s.
If you’re not sure about which Legislative District you live in, check your voter registration card or you can find out by logging-in to the WA Secretary of State’s MyVote app and check under “My Elected Officials”.
Our Endorsement Policy is: HERE
For more information, email: email@example.com